Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dell 1320C Printer under Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Dell 1320C Printer under Ubuntu

Tilex,

I'm experiencing the same problem with my printer. Jumps to "stopped" right away as soon as I send the print test.
    I'm using KDE with lucid lynx 10.4 on 64-bit asus A52J laptop.

Does anyone got an answer on how to properly install dell 1320c printer on a 64-bit ubuntu? (hope so)

thx

Beans

I'm also looking for the solution. waiting.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dmitriyp13 View Post
    Update: This works in Jaunty too.

Since people keep asking me for this deb file, I'll post it here. Enjoy.
    hi dmitri,

i'm running lucid 10.04 64 bit and despite following your instructions i am not able to print - I get the error;

"Print error: There was a problem sending document..."

Did you encounter and overcome this?

TIA,
    dan

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by westcloud View Post
    I'm also looking for the solution. waiting.
    Hi, did you ever resolve this on 64 bit - I cannot despite following Dmitri's post?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TangoRom View Post
    Tilex,

I'm experiencing the same problem with my printer. Jumps to "stopped" right away as soon as I send the print test.
    I'm using KDE with lucid lynx 10.4 on 64-bit asus A52J laptop.

Does anyone got an answer on how to properly install dell 1320c printer on a 64-bit ubuntu? (hope so)

thx
    Solution:
    System > Administration > Printing | Right click for properties > Installable Options > choose 250 sheet feeder | goto Printer Options > choose Paper Source > Tray 1 (250 sheets)

Default is to use the manual feeder, which is why the paper doesn't feed and/or it says out of paper.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maggiev View Post
    Solution:
    System > Administration > Printing | Right click for properties > Installable Options > choose 250 sheet feeder | goto Printer Options > choose Paper Source > Tray 1 (250 sheets)

Default is to use the manual feeder, which is why the paper doesn't feed and/or it says out of paper.
    I think that is the resolution for 32bit - it appears some 64bit systems (mine included) have some other problem which is stopping the driver working...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by ytsejam1138 View Post
    I have found the solution to get this printer working properly.

Code:
    System > Administration > Printing and right click on your printer, selecting Properties. 
    Settings > Device URI
    If you see something like socket://your_printer_ip_address:9100 just change socket to lpd and remove the :9100 off the end. 
    Then click on apply.

Mine didn't have the 9100 port, so I just changed socket to lpd and it works perfect now. I found the solution on this webpage: http://p-s.co.nz/wordpress/?p=227

This worked great for me on ubuntu 10.04 32bit system. This is great, because I've had this printer and not been able to use it for over a year now. I knew there was a way to get it up and running, but was unsuccessful until today. Thanks for the tip!

Beans

This printer drives me crazy - I tied everything now:
    1) Installed the Xerox C525 .deb http://zoffix.com/other/Installing-D...nter-on-Ubuntu
    2) Selected the 250 paper tray
    3) In the URI field: changed to lpd instead of socket and deleted the 9100 value

When I try to print something the printing goes on endless!!!! First the page gets printed - then the printer says: out of paper (although the tray is full!!) - when i tpush the tray in and out the print job gets printed out again - although the print queue is empty - this goes on endlessly!!!

What can I do????? Please help - I've spent more than 5 hours just today trying to get this **uck printer to do its job!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dmitriyp13 View Post
    Since people keep asking me for this deb file, I'll post it here. Enjoy.
    Thank you very much for this - worked perfectly for me on 10.04 (at least as far as printing a test page, not tried multiple pages as yet).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

For me, using 10.10 64bit, printing works perfectly except when printing from Firefox or Thunderbird. Then after print job is completed, I get the yellow exclamation mark. If I reset the paper draw, the job is repeated. But turning the printer off and back on resets the printer. Driving me mad! Any explanation why printing from HTML should have this result?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast