Thread: Is there an ubuntu program that has a similar to garageband's 'magic' feature?

Beans

Is there an ubuntu program that has a similar to garageband's 'magic' feature?

I went on a mac today in a shop and went on garageband (which was already opened) and i seen that there was a feature called "magic create" or "magic garageband" or something like that and basically, what it done was it let you enter a type of music and then it would make you a song out of it. I'm sure you know about this already but i'm just making sure.

I was wondering if there was a program that does this for ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Is there an ubuntu program that has a similar to garageband's 'magic' feature?

Although it is appropriate to ask this question here (being Mac related) but you might get a larger variety of answers in one of the more general forums. It is afterall just general Linux software you are asking about.

Beans

Re: Is there an ubuntu program that has a similar to garageband's 'magic' feature?

Ok, sorry. I just thought you maccies would know what i was talking about more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gottabeandrew View Post
    Ok, sorry. I just thought you maccies would know what i was talking about more.
    Like I said, it is a valid question for here... it will just see more eyes somewhere more generic. No need for apologies.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

To answer your question here, anyway, No. I believe the feature your talking about involves Apple Loops, and as the name implies...well...

Russo
    Macbook Pro C2D
    Ubuntu 8.04