Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your killer Windows app/ app you simply can't be without in Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wink Re: What is your killer Windows app/ app you simply can't be without in Linux?

for me it is Libronix DLS - Bible software. Yes I know there is bible software under Linux, but there is nowhere near the amount, or quality of resources available, and the current version will not run under WINE.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: What is your killer Windows app/ app you simply can't be without in Linux?

Games and Dreamweaver. Kompozer is ok for straight html, but it doesn't work terribly well with dynamic sites.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by santiump View Post
    foobar2000 for me, but it runs on wine (with some problems).
    Ha, I thought I would have to run that in wine when I switched to Linux, but I liked Amarok even more than foobar2000.

There's not really anything I can't live without right now. At first it was Guitar Pro, but then I found TuxGuitar, which while not quite as good, does everything I need it to very well and it reads all the Guitar Pro files. The only game I really can't live without, Diablo II, runs nicely in wine, so every thing's good for me .

Beans

regedit.

No?

Well, ApexDC++ and AniDB-o-Matic are pretty much the only windows applications that I use. Through Wine of course.
    Q)Why did the multithreaded chicken cross the road?
    A)to To other side. get the
    Q)Why did the multithreaded chicken cross the road?
    A)other to side. To the get

Beans

None although through slight jelousy of digsby im planing on learning how to code so that kmail+kopete+kdetwitter can kick its ****.
    I mean theres not much functionality they lack, but with a few plugins i think the integration come 4.1 will match twitter, plus if with a few plugins & khtml & kmobileutils i think they could actually beat digsby (to prove it ill ofc have to try digsby, does it work under wine)
    Last edited by Xbehave; May 5th, 2008 at 08:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Man View Post
    I recently installed Digsby on my Windows install,
    ➙ Synchronize all your files across Windows, Linux and Mac OS with Dropbox (2GB free storage!). By signing up via this link I'll get some extra space also, thanks!

Multiseat on Ubuntu 10.04

Beans

Adobe lightroom/Bridge CS2
    Foobar2000
    Solidworks
    Autocad 07
    Last edited by regomodo; May 5th, 2008 at 08:31 PM.
    Is this for enhancing your E-peen?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

1. Adobe InDesign - I'm using Scribus now, but this is not the same. InDesign = fun, Scribus = hard work to do the same task. Scribus has to many bugs.

2. VST instruments (like EWQL Symphonic Orchestra and others).

Beans

hrmmm...

M$ Visual Studio 2005, I am slowly moving to MonoDevelop, but it's gonna take a while...

Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0, made my kids movies with this, it's easy yet powerfull (multimedia, namely Audio / Video stuff (mostly video) it's still Linux's aquilles heel (not sure I got this one right))

M$ Access, need it's export features, haven't found a replacement yet, even though Calc comes close.

All of the above I am, of course, running under VirtualBox (used to be VMWare but since I can no longer get it to work I decided to go with VirtualBox instead, and so far it's all good (except USB, but isn't really important).

Under Wine I run the too apps I really can't get on without... uTorrent and CDisplay

So I guess I am not about to rid myself of Windows, at least not entirely, any time soon...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Primarily proper DirectX support for games. But I dual boot for that.

Also NewsLeecher - I haven't found a liking to Pan or Klibido.

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast