Thread: Speach to Text

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Speach to Text

all i see is "text to speach" threads on this forum.

anyone wish to share their experiences with software that will convert speach to text? I have never really used it, but now have use for such technology.

Comments & Suggestions Welcome!
    registered linux user #438335

Beans

Re: Speach to Text

This is someone that I have been wondering too. I think it would be a greate assist to have, seeing that all commands can be ran from the terminal, why not have something that can be pre-configured (easly would be best) to launch custome commands.

First a simple command line version would be good, and after a setup of voice commands are made, have it just run in the background.

Once the Ubuntu Phone comes out, a simple gui would be good(for all thos who are too afraid of the CLI).
    If anything seeing the way the terminal works, it is the perfect thing to copple with voice sound bits b/c of how raw the terminal is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Do a search for Julius and the Simon front-end. I've not used them myself but from some quick research it seems to be the best option available at the moment.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.