Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Beans
    740
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    I thought that this topic would fit best here. I have CD's on 8.04 Desktop, 8.04 Desktop Alt, and 8.04 Server and the white CD label written in pencil is boring so I was wondering. Is there somewehere I can download and print out Official CD labels for the CD's?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl.
    Beans
    173
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanwb View Post
    I thought that this topic would fit best here. I have CD's on 8.04 Desktop, 8.04 Desktop Alt, and 8.04 Server and the white CD label written in pencil is boring so I was wondering. Is there somewehere I can download and print out Official CD labels for the CD's?

    Thanks.
    Here you go they say Lightscribe Labels but you can use them for regular labels too I think.

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...untu+cd+labels

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Beans
    1,036

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    I saw a link for labels on Planet Ubuntu last week but now I can't find it. I did manage some artwork on the wiki though.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Beans
    740
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by cchester View Post
    Here you go they say Lightscribe Labels but you can use them for regular labels too I think.

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...untu+cd+labels
    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    $HOME (Washington State)
    Beans
    4,590

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    Here's one I made which you can edit to your liking. Source is included.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Townsville, Australia
    Beans
    1,823
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    go to applicatoins -> add remove programs.

    select "view all programs available"

    if you do a search on

    label


    you will find there is a label program available with tons of preset labels or you can make your own. hope this helps
    Ubuntu user # 16304 www.nocleanfeed.com
    If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything, don't do it, and don't run any command with rm in it unless you know exactly what you're doing.things i have learnt changing from Xp pro to Ubuntu

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Beans
    740
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    Here's one I made which you can edit to your liking. Source is included.
    I'll use yours. What program did you use to make it? Based on the svg extension I'd say Inkscape.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    $HOME (Washington State)
    Beans
    4,590

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanwb View Post
    I'll use yours. What program did you use to make it? Based on the svg extension I'd say Inkscape.
    GIMP+Inkscape. Inkscape for the lozenges, GIMP for everything else.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Beans
    740
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    the lozenges
    The what?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl.
    Beans
    173
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: CD Labels for Ubuntu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanwb View Post
    Thanks.
    No problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •