Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concordance

Beans

Re: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concord

Made a correction in the version of python-wxgtk. Should be python-wxgtk2.8. It has been corrected in the original posting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concord

I'm afraid I'm still getting an error. I've definitely got all the reposotories enabled (main, universe, restricted and multiverse) but

Code:
    carl@carl-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libusb-dev python-wxversion python-wxgtk libwxgtk2.8 libwxbase python-ctypes python-wxtools python-wxaddons
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Package python-wxgtk is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package python-wxgtk has no installation candidate
    carl@carl-laptop:~$
    anyone else had the same issue?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CarlWalters View Post
    I'm afraid I'm still getting an error. I've definitely got all the reposotories enabled (main, universe, restricted and multiverse)
    Once again I seem to have left a version number off of one of the packages, python-wxgtk. It's now been fixed.

I find it difficult to believe that I would've done that, not once but twice in the same posting that I tested beforehand. I'm inclined to think that the package maintainers switched naming convention on me. Try it again please.

Beans
    Distro

Excellent Thank you

The first step now seems to work OK for me. Got to dash off to a conference now though so I'll continue on Tuesday.

Beans
    Distro

This is just what I have been waiting for. Now if I could only get it to work! lol
    I tried using congruity 7 but all I got was a blank screen when trying to open the hex file.
    So I tried it using congruity 8. Now when I try to run congruity I get this.
    "Could not load libconcord; please ensure it, and the Python bindings, are installed and in the relevant search paths."

Any ideas?

I read this in the congruity 8 release notes.

Provide a GUI message if libconcord can't be loaded, in case congruity
    wasn't run from a terminal.

Don't know if that is any help.
    If you are led by the unknowing you should not be following,

Beans

I haven't tried ver8 yet and so can't speak to it or it's installation. I'll try to get to that within a couple weeks. But I know ver7 does work having installed it with the posted instructions more than once on different machines. Indeed, I'm currently using ver7 on my main workstation.

Have you tried it running congruity from a command line after having generated a file from having run concordance? Depending on your results or error messages, you might be better off asking technical questions in the concordance forums since this thread covers mainly just the installation of those two utilities.

Beans
    Distro

I would like to start over. How can I completely remove what I installed?

Beans

To uninstall, you should be able to cd to each dir that you originally ran "sudo make install" and instead run "sudo make uninstall". After that just delete the contents of each of those dirs.

I haven't tried this myself but this is pretty standard stuff and so should work. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Beans
    Distro

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/congruity", line 30, in <module>
    import libconcord
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libconcord.py", line 30, in <module>
    _dll = cdll.LoadLibrary('libconcord.so.0')
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary
    return self._dlltype(name)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py", line 348, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
    OSError: libconcord.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    kevin@ubuntu:~/source/congruity-7$ concordance
    concordance: error while loading shared libraries: libconcord.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    kevin@ubuntu:~/source/congruity-7$

I removed everything I could find. Reinstalled it using your recommended version.
    This is the output. I will give the concordance forums a try.
    This looks really promising and I hope it works. Thank you for posting a how to!

Beans
    Distro

For some reason I had issues but it is now fixed!

FYI

I had to do this

kevin@ubuntu:~$ sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib
    then:
    kevin@ubuntu:~$ ldd $(which concordance)

Then to make permanent

kevin@ubuntu:~$ sudo gedit /etc/ld.so.conf
    and add /usr/local/lib to the end of that file. Then run:
    kevin@ubuntu:~$ sudo ldconfig

Special props to those who helped.

Now it works. Thank you so much!!!!!!

Last edited by iitywygms; July 8th, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast