Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concordance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concord

I got all the software set up and working and managed to get my first two Activities loaded on my Harmony 555. However, I ran into a problem with the TV settings which I can't fix:

When the TV is turned on it then needs to be switched to the AV1 input. The first time I tried the Harmony, everything worked perfectly. The TV turned on, waited a few seconds for warm-up, then switched to AV1, then switched on the satellite box. The next time I tried, the TV turned on, but despite an apparent IR command being sent, the input failed to switch to AV1 (nothing happened at all).

I went back to the Logitech site and checked all the settings, then downloaded to the Harmony again. As previously, it worked perfectly the first time I tried, but failed on every attempt after that.

If I use the Help button, it fixes the problem temporarily, but the problem still re-occurs next time I switch on.

The only thing I've noticed is that when I run the update to the Harmony using Congruity, everything gets a green tick in the Congruity panel, but the Logitech site shows a red warning saying 'The remote did not respond to the remote software.'

I also tried to teach the Harmony to emulate the TV/AV key on my TV's original remote, but that doesn't work as the Congruity 'Learn' application only asks for the power button, the play button and the #1 button. So how do I get it to learn the TV/AV button?

By the way; I agree with the comments about complexity of the Harmony web site. It's appalling. I pity anyone with no technical knowledge who tries to use it.
    Never stop learning.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concord

As an update on my last post:

I've been persevering without success. It looks now as if the Congruity apps are no longer updating the Harmony.

I tried removing all of my devices and activities on the Logitech web site, then ran an update. Congruity appeared to wipe the flash OK, then load in the update and verify it, but when I checked the remote afterwards, everything was still as it had been; all the devices and activities were unchanged.

This probably accounts for the web site message saying that the update had failed.

So now I'm even deeper in the doodoos. Not only am I unable to sort out the AV switching problem, but it seems that I've lost communication with the remote itself (although it seems to respond to Congruity and behaves as if an update has occurred).

I know I can get the unit into Safe Mode, but have no idea what I can do there, nothing seems to happen when I press various keys. Is there a factory reset option, so I can clear everything out and start again?
    Never stop learning.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Solarisphere View Post
    Try running Congruity with superuser priveleges:

Go to the website and choose to save the .EZHex file rather that open it in congruity. Then open a terminal and type

Code:
    gksudo congruity /path/to/your/EZHex/file/here
    Replace the last bit with your file obviously. See if that gets you anywhere. If that solves it I believe you can fix the problem permanently with some "policykit" changes or something. I'm having that problem right now and I haven't figured out how to mess with the policykit yet, but I'll update if I figure it out. It's a few pages back in this thread but it was never explained very well.

Update: I got it working by downloading the EZHex file and then opening congruity with superuser priveleges (I was pointing it to a file that didn't exist before...). I believe the policykit bit makes the gksu unnecessary, but I can't figure it out and (hopefully) I won't be reprogramming the remote very many times. So it should be tolerable.
    I have the same get_identity error. Harmony 650, Concordance .21, Congruity 14. Ubuntu Karmic. I have followed the original instructions, had to install wx run the make policiykit and make install_policykit. I have tried running concordance/congruity as sudo and through su, no luck. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Relevant outputs pasted below.

Congruity Error
    Code:
    Unknown error
        (libconcord function get_identity error 1)

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/bin/congruity", line 524, in _WorkerFunction
        False
      File "/usr/local/bin/congruity", line 140, in worker_body_connect
        None
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libconcord.py", line 97, in __call__
        raise LibConcordException(self.func_name, result)
    LibConcordException: libconcord function 'get_identity' failed with error code 1 ('Unknown error')
    Code:
    concordance -i
    Concordance 0.21
    Copyright 2007 Kevin Timmerman and Phil Dibowitz
    This software is distributed under the GPLv3.

ERROR: failed to requesting identity
    Requesting Identity: Failed with error 1
    Code:
    lsusb | grep -i logitech
    Bus 006 Device 002: ID 046d:c30a Logitech, Inc. iTouch Composite
    Bus 006 Device 003: ID 046d:c049 Logitech, Inc. G5 Laser Mouse
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c122 Logitech, Inc.
    Code:
    cat /etc/udev/rules.d/custom-concordance.rules
    SYSFS{idVendor}=="046d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="c122", MODE="666"

Beans
    Hidden!

So it looks like the Harmony 700 and 650 are in the same boat from what I see over on the concordance developers list. These devices identify themselves differently, and they're working on figuring out what that means.

Thanks again for all the helpful information in this thread.

Beans

Harmony Remote Installation on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx

Concordance 0.21-5
    Congruity 13+dfsg-1

Tested on a Harmony 610 on 07/19/2010

Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential libusb-dev python-wxversion python-wxgtk2.8 libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-0 python-ctypes python-wxtools concordance congruity

Beans

Angry Re: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concord

Hi guys and girls,

I only have one quick question.

Background---I purchased a Logitech Harmony 900 series remote (ya the cool touch screen one) at a yard sale. the battery was exploded inside and the seller told me it did not work and Logitech had replaced it for him.

Long story short I fixed it but Logitech has the remote disabled and I cannot program it from there site. Is there a open source site or another way I can program this thing. Thanks for your help.

Beans

Angry Re: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concord

Hello,

today I received my Harmony 600.

I would like to connect this Remote Control to my netbook Samsung n130 (with Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid)

The Software/Repositories I installed like it's decribed in post #135 and I did nothing else.

So far I get these informations when i type this in the terminal:

Code:
    lsusb |grep -i logitech
    Bus 004 Device 003: ID 046d:c122 Logitech, Inc.
    and
    Code:
    cat /etc/udev/rules.d/custom-concordance.rules
    SYSFS{idVendor}=="046d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="c122", MODE="666"
    It seems correctly done...

When I try to open the site http://members.harmonyremote.com there is an information that there's "Software Update Available". I click on "next"(two times everytime) and then reach to the USB Connection Page. Click on "next", too. The third page offers me to open a file named "Connectivity.EZhex" by Congruity. If I do so, it opens the Congruity (Version 13) Page.

Unfortunality the Remote Control couldn't be found. The Error Message:
    Code:
    Unknown error
        (libconcord function get_identity error 1)

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/congruity", line 524, in _WorkerFunction
        False
      File "/usr/bin/congruity", line 140, in worker_body_connect
        None
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libconcord.py", line 97, in __call__
        raise LibConcordException(self.func_name, result)
    LibConcordException: libconcord function 'get_identity' failed with error code 1 ('Unknown error')
    Could somebody please help me?

Thanks

EDIT:

Maybe this could help?!

Code:
    make policykit
    sudo make install_policykit

in the libconcordance directory
    But where can I find the "libconcordance directory"? Maybe /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages? Donno..

Zadek
    Last edited by Zadek; July 27th, 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Beans

The problem is still there.

I'm afraid threre is no solution to this problem.

Here it is described that all 6xx Harmonys are supported by concordance. But this page was apparently last updated in 2009, and the "new" 600 model was released in march 2010.
    When I type

Code:
    concordance -i
    or

Code:
    sudo concordance -i
    I get this error message:

Code:
    Concordance 0.21

Any idea?

Regards

Zadek

Beans

Hi Everyone

I'm a real newbie here and was hoping someone can help me out please. I have a harmony 880 remote that has been disabled from logitech and was wanting to know what program can I use to still program and update it. Will this Concordance program help me?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help

FYI. I bought this remote from ebay and was never told it was disabled and logitech indicated they cannot reactivate for me and that I'm out of luck. No money back from the seller either or ebay. Please help me if you can.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Zadek View Post

Code:
    Concordance 0.21

hi everyone!

i tried to set up my harmony 300 using the steps described in this thread, but i get the same error as zadek...

guess i shouldve checked the supported models first, haha.

hope someone will manage to make this remote compatible with linux some time soon.

regards,
    m.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast