Thread: Lost panel tabs

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Lost panel tabs

I added an icon to my bottom panel that I could not delete. (Delete did not show up in the right context menu.) Instead of writing to this forum like I should have for alternate ways to delete it, I just rebuilt another bottom panel the way I wanted and deleted the original one. Now whenever I start an application, it does not appear in the bottom panel, e.g. I'll start Firefox and it appears on the screen but it's not showing in the bottom panel for me to click on to minimize. How do I get this feature back? Thanks.

Beans

Re: Lost panel tabs

its one of the things you have to add to the panel (i think its way down by the bottom)

its called window switcher (or something like that)

Edit: yes its the third to last one in the list and its called window list

Beans
    Distro

Great! Thanks. I got them back. But they're all pushed over to the right-hand margin and kind of small. Any help with getting them opening to the left of the panel? I appreciate the quick reply.

Beans
    Distro

I found out how to do it! Just had to drag the handle over to the left. All is well now. Many thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bark50 View Post
    Great! Thanks. I got them back. But they're all pushed over to the right-hand margin and kind of small. Any help with getting them opening to the left of the panel? I appreciate the quick reply.
    By the way I had a similar problem where for some reason the order of the applet icons got messed up, with for example the trash icon to the left of the workspaces icon. If it helps you to know, I found that by temporarily turning off "Expand" in the panel properties I could swap the positions of the icons. Then when "Expand" was turned back on they stayed in that order. (Assuming your panel is "expanded" to begin with that is )