Thread: no sound in Amarok :(

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

no sound in Amarok :(

If i posted this in the wrong area, my apologies. Right now i'm trying to figure out a bit of a problem- I downloaded the Amarok media player today, and i have zero sound. I do have sound, though, on startup and when i use Rhythmbox and Totem Movie Player... libxine-extracodecs was installed when i downloaded Amarok, though, and the program shows it's playing music, but i don't hear anything... so i have no idea why i can't get it to spit any music out. I'm using the Xine engine with Amarok right now... I have a Realtek AC'97 audio card and i'm running Ubuntu 7.04. If anyone has any suggestions for me i'd greatly appreciate it!

Beans

Re: no sound in Amarok :(

try going into settings->configure->engine and manually choose an output plugin

Beans
    Distro

Beautiful. I changed it to ALSA and it worked perfectly... just when i think i'm getting the hang of Ubuntu, i learn something else lol thank you very much

Beans
    Distro

welp, maybe i spoke a little too soon. I rebooted to go and wipe my Windows partition so i could have that hard disk to use in Ubuntu... well, i log back in and behold, Amarok doesnt play music again. It's highly confusing... the engine's still set to alsa, and everything. New suggestions, anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

It's usual when Amarok loses sound, that something else catches off sound control. Did you identified another program that is playing music simultaneous to Amarok (like Virtualbox, per example)?

Beans
    Distro

nope, i didnt have any other multimedia programs open... i had Rhythmbox open PRIOR to opening Amarok, but i quit Rhythmbox before i opened Amarok.