Thread: Bluetooth mouse in linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Bluetooth mouse in linux?

I want to buy a bluetooth mouse for my laptop. My bluetooth adapter works in ubuntu. but im not sure how/if this mouse will work with ubuntu itself, will it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104085

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Bluetooth mouse in linux?

I use a Genius Navigator 900 Pro with Fedora 9 and it works really well(not perfect, but an overall good experience), it just takes some time to instruct the Bluetooth manager to connect to and use the mouse as an input device and everything else is automatic.

And of course, since Fedora and Ubuntu uses pretty much the same Bluetooth drivers and software, you can easily do it on Ubuntu.

Oh and by the way, this on a laptop, a Compaq Presario V3005TU to be exact.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Bluetooth mouse in linux?

Looking back, this thread is more a support thread than one that befits itself a place in the Community Cafe.

This thread has been moved to the Absolute Beginner section.
    Last edited by PmDematagoda; May 3rd, 2008 at 06:03 PM.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!