Hello I have installed wine and ie4linux and now want to remove it all as I have found a way to surf the site I need through firefox. I use Gutsy Gibbon. I went to this web page http://yourubuntulinux.blogspot.com/...buntu-710.html
and followed these instructions
I have looked through web pages and on the forum and all I have found is how to uninstall wine.
1. Make sure you login your Ubuntu Linux with normal user. Don't login as root. Sometime IE4Linux won't come out or launching when you login as root after install.
2. Open your terminal
3. Open /etc/apt/sources.list with command. For this case I use gedit. Please use your favorite editor for easy editing. For example Vi editor, Nano editor etc.
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
4. Uncomment (or add) following lines:
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy universe
5. Add this line:
deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt gutsy main
6. Close gedit. Update and install wine and cabextract:
wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine cabextract
7. Download IEs 4 Linux and install
tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz