I just upgraded in place from Gutsy to Hardy and everything seems to work fine except I'm having problems with my ATI drivers. Here's the scoop.
(1) Visual effects are sluggish, from compiz stuff to just plain old menus.
(2) AssaultCube, a 3D game that ran fine in Gutsy, doesn't run properly and cites some sort of driver/video card problem as the reason.
(3) Whenever I run glxgears, my system resources (2 GHz processor, 1 gig RAM) start maxing out (XGL starts to take up about 87% of the CPU).
***Why It's Weird:***
(1) I've enabled ATI Accelerated Graphics Driver in the Hardware Drivers (a.k.a. Restricted Drivers Manager).
(2) Although my graphics card isn't the greatest (ATI Radeon 200m), it has always been more than enough to produce fine video performance on previous versions of Ubuntu.
My limited know-how tells me that this is a driver issue, but what could the problem be? I'm using the accelerated ATI driver...what else can I do?
Thanks in advance!