I'm working the third night now to get a LiveCD onto a USB stick.
I come up to the "boot:" prompt and when I enter "live-nosplash-powerpc video=ofonly" I end up with a message:
I'm stuck here. What can I do now? What do I have to change in my process of getting a bootable Live-USB-stick?BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
This is what I did so far to make it boot:
- Booted LiveCD
- Partitioned the stick with mac-fdisk as described here.
- Copied yaboot and made the attrib-changes from /cdrom as Cescribed on the page linked above.
- Mounted the Stick to /mnt
- Copied the cdrom content using this command line
(cd /cdrom ; tar cBpf - .) | (cd /mnt ; tar xvBpf -)
The only error message was about a not permitted link of '.' to 'ubuntu' (hfs doesn't allow symlins?)
- Removed /install/yaboot
- Copied everything from /mnt/install to /mnt
- Removed /mnt/install
- Changes made to /mnt/yaboot.conf
- strings '/cdrom/' removed
- changed '/casper/powerpc/' to'/ppc-'
- changed '/casper/powerpc64/' to'/p64-'
- copied /casper/powerpc/vmlinux to /ppc-vmlinux
- copied /casper/powerpc/initrd.gz to /ppc-initrd.gz
- copied /casper/powerpc64/vmlinux to /p64-vmlinux
- copied /casper/powerpc64/initrd.gz to /p64-initrd.gz
- removed directories /caper/powerpc*
I think, that's it.
Did I forget something important?