Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bricked my Titanium PPC G4 Powerbook?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Bricked my Titanium PPC G4 Powerbook?

It's been a fun and harrowing experience thus far. I just installed Hardy--that automatically fixed the boot problem and also got my network running right again. So that's good news.

The sound is still wonky, but I found that's a very common issue with TiPowerbooks, so there's next to nothing I can do about that.

I'm having a very odd graphical glitch where these black pixels appear in the top menu bar. They're pretty much always there, too. I'll try to look and see if anyone else has that problem, but it's certainly not a showstopper.

I'm having trouble with getting java/flash/etc to work in my browser. Maybe they aren't going to work on the PPC. I'll look up ways to do that on my own time, but I appreciate all the help you guys have given me.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Bricked my Titanium PPC G4 Powerbook?

I get those little black pixels too with Hardy at the very top line too on my iMac with nvidia card. Like you say, not a showstopper.

The alternative for ppc flash is gnash and other associated utilites, and is being worked on, although I don't really keep up with it. I think others have got it to a point where it is usable on some sites...

Glad to hear that some of your troubles got resolved! I actually pulled in two updates since release, so it looks like the new ports.ubuntu.com mods in /etc/apt/sources.list are working..
    20" G5 iMac - AMD64 HP desktop
    http://www.ppclinux.info/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12