Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PolicyKit/DBUS errors (The maximum number of active connections for UID 1000)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: PolicyKit/DBUS errors (The maximum number of active connections for UID 1000)

Hi MadMax... this is a different error than the one this thread was created to address sorry. Hope the upgrade fixed it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: PolicyKit/DBUS errors (The maximum number of active connections for UID 1000)

peitschie, I freaking love people like you (which is so, so may awesome people around the world!) who spend a few minutes finding fixes and answers for newbs like me.

I did exactly what you said in response #5 in this thread and it worked perfectly!! You're amazing.

My error was being generated by my trying to open a bookmark for sftp access to my home router while having a browser (Chrome in this case) open simultaneously. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04, so I changed the entry line from "<!-- for some reason this isn't being set properly in Hardy 15 May, 2008 -->" and I simply replaced it with " <!-- for some reason this isn't being set properly in Lucid 30 Aug, 2010 -->"

I hope that's okay, but everything seems to work just great! Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I too had this error when trying toget a share from a Lubuntu (Maverick) PC to Windows samba share.

peitschie's 15 May edit fixed this. (although in Lubuntu you will find the file to edit is:-
    /etc/d-bus-1/system.conf

Looks like a long standing problem.

(I did not get the problem with a Lucid Lubuntu install though, which seems strange)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12