Thread: wireless problems on heron x64 (atheros card)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Angry wireless problems on heron x64 (atheros card)

Hey all! I recently reached the complete frustration with running windows (ntfs ruined my boot directory ... joy). Anyways, my conversion to Linux has begun, with a few snags. Tips to Hardy Heron for having more native support for my computer than a new XP boot does lol.

To get to the problem, wireless card isn't functioning. I attempted to follow another thread of nearly the same issue (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=750137) to no avail. I believe the issue might be that I am running 64-bit edition of the Hardy Heron. If anyone can offer advice or a solution, I would be eternally in your debt (well, at least till I buy a new computer or better wireless card that is actually supported!). I'm quite new to the Linux experience, so let me know any information you need to help me out.

Thanks in advance!
    Think about all things you hear before you accept what you are told.

Click to find out more: The Kalama Sutta

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: wireless problems on heron x64 (atheros card)

Quote Originally Posted by natravis View Post
    Hey all! I recently reached the complete frustration with running windows (ntfs ruined my boot directory ... joy). Anyways, my conversion to Linux has begun, with a few snags. Tips to Hardy Heron for having more native support for my computer than a new XP boot does lol.

To get to the problem, wireless card isn't functioning. I attempted to follow another thread of nearly the same issue (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=750137) to no avail. I believe the issue might be that I am running 64-bit edition of the Hardy Heron. If anyone can offer advice or a solution, I would be eternally in your debt (well, at least till I buy a new computer or better wireless card that is actually supported!). I'm quite new to the Linux experience, so let me know any information you need to help me out.

Thanks in advance!
    Choose Intel PRO.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: wireless problems on heron x64 (atheros card)

thanks for the quick response. I think I'm just going to upgrade my card in a few weeks. Stuck to the cable till then =(
    Think about all things you hear before you accept what you are told.

Click to find out more: The Kalama Sutta