Thread: Broke On-Screen Display Text on Frontend

Beans

Broke On-Screen Display Text on Frontend

I installed Mythbuntu 8.04 on a Dell PC, and am at this point learning the ins and outs of it. However I changed an on-screen display setting (I can't relly tell you which one), and now, although Mythbuntu appears to start up OK, none of the on-screen menus display. I get the background, but no text. Things are still there, as I can hit enter and get into some of the submenus, but flying blind, I can't get to the setup screens to reset things. I can get into the MCC, but when I go to the Mythbuntu Frontend Setup, I get the same thing - pretty background, no on-screen text.

Is there a way I can reset the display settings to the initial defaults (maybe by deleting a configuration file?) that I can get the text back and then redo the frontend setup? If I can't come up with a better solution, the only thing I know to do at this point would be to just reinstall it from scratch. This would be OK, I'm not losing a lot of work, but I'd prefer to learn from my mistake so I can fix it if it happens again in the future.

Beans

Re: Broke On-Screen Display Text on Frontend

Anybody?