Thread: Postr Flickr Uploader problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Postr Flickr Uploader problems

I am having problems uploading photos to Flickr using the Postr uploader.

To give some background, I had Postr running on Gutsy and it was fine. I attempted to upgrade to Hardy and had some big problems, so I reinstalled Gutsy for the time being until I can work out what the issues were. Now I can't get Postr to work and I don't know why.

It opens ok, and I can choose my images and name and tag them as always. But when I tried to upload it just hangs. The dialogue box with the status bar appears, but no matter how long I leave it, it doesn't actually do anything and the photos never appear on my Flickr page. It is obviously talking to Flickr because I can choose sets to put the photos in and also when I deleted the login information it asked me to login again and I achieved that ok. But I don't know why my photos won't upload.

I really liked Postr when I had it running....it is much smaller and neater than jUploadr so I would really like to get it working again if possible.

Any ideas anyone?

Kathryn

Beans
    Distro

Re: Postr Flickr Uploader problems

In case it helps, I have just received an error message from this. I left it to run just to see if it was just being VERY slow, and I eventually got the following error message:

"Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion"

Beans
    Distro

Re: Postr Flickr Uploader problems

Ok, looks like this is actually a problem with the proxy my ISP uses to talk to Flickr so never mind! That would explain why I can't find a problem!