Thread: Best option to search on the net!!!

Beans

Best option to search on the net!!!

Hi everyone, I am working as a research analyst in a laboratory that deals with developments in the area of plants and nature. I have to look on the net to assist me in my research but as I don’t access it frequent I find it difficult to get the right things online. Can anyone help me to find any kind of tool that will help me to get results better and faster?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: Best option to search on the net!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carina144 View Post
    Hi everyone, I am working as a research analyst in a laboratory that deals with developments in the area of plants and nature. I have to look on the net to assist me in my research but as I don’t access it frequent I find it difficult to get the right things online. Can anyone help me to find any kind of tool that will help me to get results better and faster?
    Google Scholar is a good search engine for scientific stuff but you may find a lot of sites that want payed downloads. If you have access to a college computer system they pay for sites up front and can be downloaded for free generally. I am a psychology student at a state college and have access to tons of free downloads via the library databases.
    http://scholar.google.com/
    http://www.google.com/Top/Science/Biology/
    Here area couple of links I got by just typing Google science in the Google search engine.
    Last edited by Bubba64; May 2nd, 2008 at 08:22 AM.

Beans

Re: Best option to search on the net!!!

You can find almost anything on the net. Its not just research but any type of information you need like movies, songs and other stuff. My friend too does some research work and he uses InfoFinderPro that makes his research easy. This not only saves his time but provides relevant information that is hard to find.

Happy researching to you.