Thread: Dell version of 8.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Dell version of 8.04

So, I've seen a lot of topics about no sound on their Dells running Ubuntu. I don't usually have mine on, so I haven't noticed yet. However, I have noticed exceptionally long boot-up times, and my laptop controls have shrunken (I have less control over screen brightness and such). When Dell comes out with their version of 8.04, will it fix all these problems by updating to it? Also, how can I make sure that the Dell repository (if it exists) is enabled. I saw something during the upgrade to 8.04 that third party repositories may be disabled.
    My PC (dubbed "73h-B3457"): Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 3 GB DDR400, X-Fi, GeForce 7900 GTX 512 MB, 2x7200 RPM 250 GB hard drives, MX1000 laser mouse, A-4 Tech slim keyboard, 8ms UXGA monitor, 64-bit Windows Vista Ultimate

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Dell version of 8.04

On dell xps M1530 ubuntu 8.04 works perfectly and all the devices works out of the box.
    I have only some problem with the touchpad and keyboard, but i don't now if it's my guilty or a spread problem.
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.
    (Noam Chomsky)