Thread: Escape from Fullscreen

Beans

Escape from Fullscreen

In programs that go into fullsceen-mode... specifically games, I have found that I cannot make them lose focus with any buttom combination I have yet tried. This has caused problems in the past, as if a window pops up, they will keep my mouse locked, and I become stuck. Does anyone know how to minimize, or otherwise make a fullscreen application lose focus to the extent required to escape from it's clutches?

Beans

Red face Re: Escape from Fullscreen

Oh come'on, doesn't anyone know anything along these lines? I'm pretty sure I could do this in Windows (though I admit, I am never going back).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Escape from Fullscreen

I remember, in Windows, that you just press the Windows key and it takes you to the desktop. (minimizing the game).

But I havent found anything yet in ubuntu

HP Pavilion DV3505ea Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.0Ghz - 2GB RAM - 160GB HDD - nVidia GeForce 9300M GS - Intel 5100AGN Wireless

Beans

Cool Re: Escape from Fullscreen

This has caused serious problems for me. The thought that no-one would have a solution to this under LINUX is simply mind-boggling. Perhaps I can find a way to program my own solution.