Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rezound Playback

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Rezound Playback

Quote Originally Posted by warbread View Post
    That's true, it's not very good for it at all. You could try upping the sample rate, which should lower latency, but I don't know anything about rezound's stability. .
    Thanks. I'll try that. Could you tell me the Model number of the USB card you bought?

I appreciate your helping with this problem!

Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It was a bit of a long shot, but I had the idea of running the Windows release of Audacity using WINE.

To my amazement, it worked first time!

Best,
    Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Two things with rezound (though I guess audacity under wine is working, I don't really consider that a solution IMHO); first it can run without jack (through alsa, or even oss) - have you tried that? Second, in jack's setup did you turn on the realtime feature (top-left box on the qjackctl settings panel)? Rezound has always been solid as a rock for me. From your outputs I'd say your issues are the excessive xruns that are causing the rezound playback issues. Your inbuilt card should be able to handle a low latency setup, but you need to turn on jack's realtime abilities.
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hi,

Rezound crashes (closes down) as soon as I enter the first window (output channel).

I tried Realtime in Jack and had the same result.

True, using Audacity under WINE is a "hack", but it works,and I needed something urgently for work.

Cheers,
    Tim

Beans
    Distro

can you run rezound from a terminal and post the output messages after it crashes
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans

Sorry for the wait! Here's the soundcard I got for my laptop. I can't promise that it works in Hardy, but it sure does work in Gutsy. I've got it to output to Jack, Amarok and Kaffeine. Haven't tried anything else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Stochastic View Post
    can you run rezound from a terminal and post the output messages after it crashes
    Without JACK:

Code:
    haelen@dell:~$ rezound
    using path '/usr/share/rezound' for share data directory
    Error occurred while initializing audio output method 'oss' -- virtual void COSSSoundPlayer::initialize() -- error opening OSS device '/dev/dsp -- Device or resource busy
    Error occurred while initializing audio output method 'jack' -- virtual void CJACKSoundPlayer::initialize() -- error connecting to jack server -- jackd not running?
    If rezound dies unexpectedly while seeking with the keyboard, auto-repeat may be disabled.. if this happens run 'rezound --fix-auto-repeat'
    Running JACK gives xruns (I mean without loading Rezound too)

Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thanks for that, warbread

Beans
    Distro

Hmm strange, it looks like it didn't attempt to connect to ALSA first as it should have. There are two possible reasons for this:
    -ALSA is perma-tied to another application. Often firefox does this on some systems - particularly flash apps. Try closing all sound applications running (or even do a reboot if the same error comes up).
    -The configure file /home/username/.rezound/registry.dat doesn't have ALSA listed as an option. Open a text editor and edit "alsa" (with quotes) into the front of the list in the top two settings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Stochastic View Post
    -The configure file /home/username/.rezound/registry.dat doesn't have ALSA listed as an option. Open a text editor and edit "alsa" (with quotes) into the front of the list in the top two settings.
    This is what I have there already:

AudioInputMethods={"oss","alsa","jack","portaudio" };
    AudioOutputMethods={"oss","alsa","jack","portaudio "};

Closed down all apps apart from Rezound and it still crashes.

Tim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast