Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ustream.tv issue but Flash is otherwise fine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Angry Re: ustream.tv issue but Flash is otherwise fine

I found a SERIOUS issue with UStream® Television, as of June 2012: Running Adobe® Flash 10.3.183.20 (manually installed using Flash-Aid) and Kernel 3.0.0.*, I found that my system always misbehaves on the UStream® home page:
    Code:
    http://www.ustream.tv/
    The entire X Video System is affected, as it cycles the video to monitor every 10 seconds and the cursor is usable only every other "on" time; eventually the system locks up with a blank screen. (In contrast, my Asus® CM1630-06 as upgraded, running Microsoft® Windows® 7.0.8001 (MultiProcessor Kernel 6.1.7601), operates normally on the same Web site.) Cannot trace what in the UStream® code is causing LinUX boxes to malfunction as I just described. To date, I have not had similar misbrehavior at any other Website.
    Gigabyte MA78GM-S2HP / AMD Athlon X2 5600+
    Audio: Creative Laboratoies SB0350 (PCI)
    Video: ATI Radeon HD 3200 (planar)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: ustream.tv issue but Flash is otherwise fine

Quote Originally Posted by bcschmerker View Post
    I found a SERIOUS issue with UStream® Television, as of June 2012: Running Adobe® Flash 10.3.183.20 (manually installed using Flash-Aid) and Kernel 3.0.0.*, I found that my system always misbehaves on the UStream® home page:
    Code:
    http://www.ustream.tv/
    The entire X Video System is affected, as it cycles the video to monitor every 10 seconds and the cursor is usable only every other "on" time; eventually the system locks up with a blank screen. (In contrast, my Asus® CM1630-06 as upgraded, running Microsoft® Windows® 7.0.8001 (MultiProcessor Kernel 6.1.7601), operates normally on the same Web site.) Cannot trace what in the UStream® code is causing LinUX boxes to malfunction as I just described. To date, I have not had similar misbrehavior at any other Website.
    It looks like you may be on an out-of-date version of Ubuntu. I would try upgrading to 12.04 to ensure that you have the latest software running. That could be causing your problems.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Arrow Re: ustream.tv issue but Flash is otherwise fine

Quote Originally Posted by bcschmerker View Post
    I found a SERIOUS issue with UStream® Television, as of June 2012: Running Adobe® Flash 10.3.183.20 (manually installed using Flash-Aid) and Kernel 3.0.0.*, I found that my system always misbehaves on the UStream® home page....
    Update: The critical problem I encountered in 10.04.4-LTS is nonexistent in 12.04.1-LTS. Apparently X has been improved along with the balance of Ubuntu®.
    Gigabyte MA78GM-S2HP / AMD Athlon X2 5600+
    Audio: Creative Laboratoies SB0350 (PCI)
    Video: ATI Radeon HD 3200 (planar)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234