Thread: change time kubuntu kde4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

change time kubuntu kde4

How to change time in kde4?

system settings shows all time panel disabled, administrator mode button is nowhere to be found, sudo systemsettings says systemsettings doesn't exist. kdesu also fails, forum search also shows nothing.
    Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: change time kubuntu kde4

Even i faced the same problem. There was no administrative button.I did the old way.

sudo apt-get install kcontrol.

after u install this run sudo kcontrol in the konsole. Chenge the time there.

This solves the problem , but if u find another method widout installing kcontrol , just personal message me : )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by srikar View Post
    Even i faced the same problem. There was no administrative button.I did the old way.

sudo apt-get install kcontrol.

after u install this run sudo kcontrol in the konsole. Chenge the time there.

This solves the problem , but if u find another method widout installing kcontrol , just personal message me : )
    Thanks kcontrol worked for me also

Beans

hi I tried installing Kcontrol but I get Kcontrol already installed no change made, still looking for a way to change from 24h to 12h, and help on this would be great...

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by oaussieo View Post
    hi I tried installing Kcontrol but I get Kcontrol already installed no change made, still looking for a way to change from 24h to 12h, and help on this would be great...

Thanks
    oaussieo, fortunately you can change the 24h to 12h without kcontrol. Go to System Settings > Regional & Language > Time & Dates > Time Format. Drop it down to the option with AMPM and you'll be set.

Beans

or you can just do this:
    sudo /etc/init.d/ntp stop
    sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org