Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibex Theme/Look Proposal

Beans

Ibex Theme/Look Proposal

I think this idea for Ibex would be the best choice, with the following changes:

1) Integrate more transparencies. Like what you have for inactive make that for active, and what you have for inactive make even more transparent where you have it transparent.

2) Show the panel that you have in your light one, but put it at top to you can also show your dock.

3) With the dock, also show what happens if you open a document folder- say you can see all of the pics or doc previews in the same area.

4) Create the above in a brown-mocha type color scheme, one that would integrate well with the current Hardy Heron wallpaper.

What do you think ? One with a panel is included here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ibex Theme/Look Proposal

I think it's too drastic of a change. The current brown/orange look has been getting more refined with each release, and I expect this trend to continue.

Also it strikes me as odd that in while everyone seems pre-occupied with bashing Vista, they continue to want Aero-inspired elements, such as transparent taskbars.
    Registered Linux User #438830 | Registered Ubuntu User #10897

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I like it, but like the above poster said, it's a drastic change. I know Ibex is supposed to revamp the look but having the look change like that I think is too much.

Beans

Well it needs to change. It looks archaic as is, and needs to look the best by default. The goal is a top down change- and if we can do that, I say ultimate win. Poeple could still use there old gtk archiac themes if they wanted to...

Beans
    Hidden!

I don't think any distro should have, by default, a black-based theme. That may be what I prefer, but it's a bad choice for a default.
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Beans

Read the post! I said change it to something that works with Hardy's wallpaper! Something light, but not white...
    Last edited by acelin; April 30th, 2008 at 06:13 AM.

Beans

I would imagine Ibex theme to sport a caramel/gold with a mix of black colour
    [Arch + KDE]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I think your light mockup has too much Windows style (one panel at the bottom), and your dark mockup has too much Mac OSX style (that dock).

I like Ubuntu to look like Ubuntu - so it needs to be original.

*Edit - I think your little numbered changes are interesting though.
    Google is my friend. Saves my butt every time (well most times).

Beans

well ill say i love how the 2nd lighter image looks shame these were mockups and not real themes we could be using now!! id love ibex to move away from the (IMO) slightly cartoony look of things into a much sharper more professional looking desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

It looks too OSX/Chrome for me...

I'd like to see Ibex looking something closer to this:

It adheres to the Ubuntu color scheme (in fact, it takes it a step further), and at the same time, looks very sleek without being too drastic.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast