Thread: 8.04 w/Athros card

Hybrid View

Beans

8.04 w/Athros card

Anyone know how to get the card to use the Madwifi drivers from linux restricted modules rather then it using the ath_hal.ko module? The restricted modules and madwifi tools are loaded.

Scott
    Last edited by scott4957; April 30th, 2008 at 04:32 AM.

Beans

Re: 8.04 w/Athros card

Anyone?

Beans

Same here,,, My Wireshark cant even find a interface... I have a DWL-AG660 and a DWL-G650 DLink cardbuses which worked fine before the update... however, I am new to linux and it took me three weeks to get them working the first time... I even forgot how I did it... so please give simple yet detailed information when offering help on this issue.

Many thanks in advance,

Grey

Beans

I'm also using a DWL-G650. I had it working great with the madwifi drivers in a version of Mandrivia, but I can't remember how to get the card to use the Madwifi drivers. 8.04 has the card working perfectly, but with some other driver, because I do not have monitor mode, and most likely packet injection. I use this computer to audit clients wireless networks and to demonstrate the need for proper wireless security so it is important to get it going.

Scott

Beans

I don't have the Guts to go here; however, it does
    answer your question perfectly.

http://madwifi.org/wiki/About/ath5k

If you figure it out, and care to share please come back here I'll be here.

Grey

Beans

I've always had to use ndiswrapper to get my atheros card to work. That being said, I know nothing about MadWifi drivers.