Thread: [SOLVED] How to I setup my display settings?

Beans

[SOLVED] How to I setup my display settings?

In Gutsy we had a tool of selecting driver to use, setting monitor setting, etc. How do I do this in Hardy?

I cannot find a item in menu regarding this. Help

Beans

Re: How to I setup my display settings?

Its no longer available in Hardy by default, just make sure you install the proper driver. Generally, the restricted hardware manager does that if you have nvidia or ati, and then autoconfigs to your monitor. Then you can use screen res in preferences to change to your desired resolution if it isn't autoconfigured for you just right.

Beans

I have an intel onboard card and just wanted to set my monitor type correctly. The resolution applet detects it as 15" samsung while mine is a 17" monitor. Also I wanted to change my driver to i810.

BTW, why did they remove such a handy utility?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mysticmatrix View Post
    In Gutsy we had a tool of selecting driver to use, setting monitor setting, etc. How do I do this in Hardy? I cannot find a item in menu regarding this. Help
    Are you talking about the Screen and Graphics tool? If so, it is located under the menu Applications > Other. It can also be opened by entering the following in a terminal window:

Code:
    gksudo displayconfig-gtk
    I believe this tool is now considered obsolete because X attempts to configure the video automatically.

Beans

Oh yes I found it under other section but I had to edit my menu to show it first. Thanks