Thread: Infraction over profanity in Cafe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Infraction over profanity in Cafe

Hi there.

I received an infraction for using a certain word that starts with a d and ends with an ick in a post in the Community Cafe (I won't reuse the whole word right now, because that last thing I want is another infraction for protesting my infraction). I'm not sure how this is an infraction, since the code of conduct states that mild, conversational swearing is OK in the Cafe and Backyard forums. The exact clause I'm referring to goes like this:

In the Cafe and Backyard areas, mild profanity/swearing is allowed in the context of general speech.
    I did not use the word as an attack on another poster (I used it in saying that, while Paul Reiser behaved like one, this does not remove his right of being innocent until proven guilty).

So what I'd like to know is, is this a valid infraction? If it is, exactly what words and context does that part of the Code of Conduct allow?
    You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence. Uh-Uh! Ubuntu is excellence.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Infraction over profanity in Cafe

Hans Reiser, not Paul Reiser. Whoops.
    You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence. Uh-Uh! Ubuntu is excellence.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Saying that Hans Reiser behaved like a **** is a direct insult. Regardless of whether it is directed at a forum member or a non-member, direct insults are not permitted. That's where the infraction came in.

Call it a learning experience.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro

Ah, now it makes sense. Thanks.