Thread: Kernel module small question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Post Kernel module small question

hello everyone...
    I'm working on a kernel module for my laptop buttons, and every thing is working just fine.

my module generates input events using key codes #defined in linux/input.h BTN_0-BTN_7 0x100-0x107 like this:

PHP Code:
    set_bit(EV_KEYbutton_dev->evbit);
    set_bit(BTN_0button_dev->keybit);

//interrupt handler code:
    input_report_key(button_devBTN_01);
    The problem is how do I map these input events to shell commands ?

I mean there must be a daemon or something that I can use to set the mapping but I can't seem to find something like this , or do I need to write it myself ?

Thanks for your time...
    "Oh, yeah, real smart. Let's go poking around inside a pod that's probably carrying a half-dozen miniature face-hugging, saliva-dripping alien piranha things. And while we're at it, let's split up so that we're all alone and defenseless, okay?" SQ6.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Kernel module small question

anyone ?

I also can't find detailed documentation about the input device subsystem, if you can post some links that would be great.
    "Oh, yeah, real smart. Let's go poking around inside a pod that's probably carrying a half-dozen miniature face-hugging, saliva-dripping alien piranha things. And while we're at it, let's split up so that we're all alone and defenseless, okay?" SQ6.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Lightbulb Re: Kernel module small question

I just used
    PHP Code:
    set_bit(KEY_*, button_dev->keybit); 
    instead, and now I can see the key codes with xev.

here's a link to the module if anyone's interested.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lt20button