Thread: Firefox wierd fonts

Beans

Firefox wierd fonts

Every now and again when I open FF3 on Hardy, I get really strange fonts. It's happened about 3 times since beta, I don't know what triggers it and it isn't easily repeatable. It's only FF3 that's affected. The fonts are fine everywhere else. If I close FF and re-open it, the fonts are ok again. Has anyone else seen this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Firefox wierd fonts

Try to change the fonts of FF3 - EDIT => PREFERENCES => CONTENT => ADVANCED (in fonts & colors). Change the default 'serif 16' to something else, see what happens. It's likely caused by fonts with the same name/same whatever or something like that.
    Sanus|artificium - FREE VST plug-ins | Music | Web design | Graphics | Sound engineering | Software | Tutorials | PHP scripts and more ...

Beans

Are your fonts the same as in the screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [Arch + KDE]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I also get this in FF 3b5. My FF font settings are default (the same as the ones that vishzilla posted), and changing them to something else has no effect on this issue. I upgraded to Hardy (and FF 3b5) from Gutsy (and Swiftfox 2), and I expect that has something to do with the problem.

Beans

I forgot to reply to this thread! Yeah, my font settings are the same as your screenshot vishzilla. This is happening a couple of times a week now, but I still haven't figured out what triggers it. Closing Firefox and re-opening it restores the correct fonts. And I've only ever seen this behaviour with these forums