Thread: Reposotories and installing software.

Beans

Reposotories and installing software.

General software

Hello

Tried to get Adobe acrobat installed and tried lots of things like editing the /etc/apt/source.list and trying to add repostories and really got confused by it all. At one point i found a prog that was supposed to install popular programs for you and at another point i remember a ac.uk site was unavailble (404 error) Some of the information is out of date regarding items for feisty

Anyway where should i start (again) I am reinstalling via Wubi as i type.

In a nutshell i want to be able to quickly add/remove programs using the nice wizard and be able to quickly add repoitores once i find them!

Thanks in advance

David.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Reposotories and installing software.

The Add/Remove Programs application is the easiest and safest way to install programs. There are PDF readers available there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Reposotories and installing software.

Quote Originally Posted by aheckler View Post
    The Add/Remove Programs application is the easiest and safest way to install programs. There are PDF readers available there.
    Well said, also, if you want a stable system, adding third party repositories is less then recommended.

Beans

Smile Re: Reposotories and installing software.

Sorry forgot to thank you both. know thread is long dead but hey I try to thank people!

If your not throwing darts at my avatar (when I upload it) I have a new problem with 8.10 please see

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1005934