Thread: Trying to intsall ..

Beans

Trying to intsall ..

A couple of months ago I switched from xp to ubuntu, and have a virtual box for xp. I'm still obviously really new to it, and haven't had a real need for xp, but I have some games I can't get ubuntu to install (user error I'm sure).

So I went into xp to install them there (like they were before I switched), and I noticed that it says this on my d drive..

VBOXADDITIONS_1.5.6_28241

When I click on it, it brings up something to download. I can't seem to clear it, which means I cannot install anything via cd.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I'll try to search the forums in a bit, but my kids keep me busy ^_^

Beans

Re: Trying to intsall ..

hello amyg that just means that you can have full or seamless mode in virtual box. It is ok to install it. It will not hurt your system. I really do not know how to remove it without installing it.

Beans

Re: Trying to intsall ..

I tried to install it, however when I restarted xp it still shows the same installation. It's like it never happened =/

Edit: It's now been solved. Someone on the virtual box forums helped me out. It was as simple as unmounting the drive in the devices menu, then mounting the first one on the list dev/ something ><
    Last edited by amyg; April 30th, 2008 at 01:31 AM.