Thread: Let's plan our next event.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Let's plan our next event.

I suggest we setup an event where we pan to give a presentation to all those interested and put out flyers to attract attendees. I like the presentation we did for the senior center. I think this is a far better way to spread ubuntu than to simply do install fests.

Any other suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Let's plan our next event.

One thing that I would like to do is incorporate the WUBI installer to the next event as a demo. Before my trip this last weekend I spent about an hour between installation of Hardy using WUBI (about 35 minutes from inserting the CD to having a Hardy system to use) and doing some basic testing with it.

Dead easy setup and ready to go.

Beans
    Distro

Wubi doesn't appear to install from the Live CD if the user doesn't have internet. I would be careful sending people down this road if it's just going to give them problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I did a test earlier this evening. I unplugged my NIC cable and booted my machine. The Wubi installer worked just fine.

I think that there is a stand alone exe that you can download from wubi.org that will pull the files off the web that you need automagically.

Beans
    Distro

My test here failed no network cable and Wubi from the Desktop live CD. So thats 50/50 at least.
    Linux User #471253
    ----
    Sign the Itunes on Linux petition now!