Thread: can not install hardy at all cd are all broken

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Unhappy can not install hardy at all cd are all broken

i have downloaded the new hardy iso image 5 times now from different locations from the offical ubuntu site. all are broken. it will not install.
    two of them can run as live cd however not that perfect. sometimes they just quit whitout reason. am i the only one whit this problem ???

i have posted anhoter treadh about this problem that i did at the time think was a k3b problem. i am not sure about that anymore. the other tread remains unanswered but it seems that other peopel can get a ubuntu hardy to install.
    the first 3 locations i tried was denmark then england. i have used 4 different installations of linux to try get this iso image down and burned.
    they can not all be broken. what is going on here ?
    does anyone have any ideas. i have bourght now a ubuntu hardy cd that will come to me whit the mail soon . i hope this will work.
    can i not get hardy to install whit that then i am forced to move to debian.
    unless of course gutsy is still supported.

thanks for reading this.

PS
    sorry for the heavy use of smilies but its just that i have just now learned how to do this. forgive me pease.however i dont know what lol means yet so i am afraid to use this comment or answer to this.
    i know what pm are. it could also mean time as in nine pm or am.
    the internet is still black magic to me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: can not install hardy at all cd are all broken

Did you verify the md5sums for the iso images?

Beans
    Distro

Did you change the boot options (F6) from "quiet splash" in "nosplash" to see more output? Maybe it says something about a device called "sr0"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hi again
    ehh yes i did.
    verify the checksums i mean.
    so some of them says bad i am frustared and try burning them as simulate only
    some does not compliant in any way but the final result is that when i try install like this -->>
    install or start ubuntu >> install >> messagebox
    some files cant be copied maybe the cd or harddisk is broken >>click ok
    black screen >> grub error 17 i think it was or 22 i cant renember.

the other install option same result its just easyer to get to the point or no return so to speak.
    i am writing this from my new debian install on the harddisk so its the cd thats the problem i think
    any suggestions on what the problem is ?
    thanks for the replyes bye the way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

ooops.
    the statement i try to burn them as simulate only was not completed.
    when i try simulate only in k3b that also verify checksums for me
    they seem to work perfect. the real burn fails. exept for the last one that also does the exact same thing as i descriped ^ above.
    sorry for missing that .

Beans
    Distro

Well, I'd say try a different burner at lowest speed (~4x), and use some good media only. Then check disc. If it works on that computer, it should also work on your desired machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hi again.
    i think its the cd media i use thats bad. i found now that other
    cds i try to burn doesnt burn correct eihter. i did try burn them whit the lowest burning speed. maybe i bourght these cds tyo cheap.
    they also say lightscribe but i checked. they are not. its a sales trick that means they have a surface that i can write whit a pen on them .i will try figure out how to mark this treadh solved
    thanks.