Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

*sigh* wish I'd known not to put "@yahoo.com" at the end of my username before trying to log in... just installed GyachI, and now I can't figure out how to stop it from logging in and out constantly... I think it's because I can't figure out how to change my login information... please help, this is EXTREMELY frustrating!

Beans

maybe there two gyachi processes which keeps logging in and out, look at the icon tray if there are two gyachi icons.

Beans
    Distro

No, it's just one process... is there any way for me to get to my login information and change it so GYachI doesn't automatically try to log me in? (I'm using version 1.2.2 on Ubuntu 9.10, if this helps). Also, I'm using my "default" account, and the Edit My Accounts window will not let me change how I log in...
    Last edited by DemonSharkKisame; January 5th, 2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Needed to add more helpful info for just why GYachI is acting up on me.

Beans

you can change the username, but the password is encrypted.
    at ~/.yahoorc/gyach/gyachrc

though you could disable the auto login
    try killing gyachi
    Code:
    killall gyachi
    then edit
    Code:
    gedit ~/.yahoorc/gyach/gyachrc
    set auto_login to 0
    then start gyachi to change the login account.

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Thank you! It worked like a charm!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    you can change the username, but the password is encrypted.
    at ~/.yahoorc/gyach/gyachrc

though you could disable the auto login
    try killing gyachi
    Code:
    killall gyachi
    then edit
    Code:
    gedit ~/.yahoorc/gyach/gyachrc
    set auto_login to 0
    then start gyachi to change the login account.
    Good one Loell! I had the same problem ages ago, but my fix was more brutal - I deleted the .yahoorc

Beans

So after days of deliberation and constant googling i've resolved to the forums and i'm hoping someone can help me... running ubuntu intrepid on an old dell inspiron e1405 and i finally got everything working the way i want it to...except gyachi that is... im running v. 1.2.1 and am having voice issues i login to the room and can chat away... sometimes i have to play with the servers i log in to to get chat and instant messaging but hey no big deal... now heres my problem i start voice chat and the window loads up fine... pick a server click on and nothing happens... doesnt matter what server i try nothing happens i click off and the window goes dark and i have to force quit it... any help guys??? im kind of a newbie to ubuntu but pretty advanced as far as computers themselves go any suggestions would be great thanks in advance

Beans

Sometimes you have to leave the room and come back in as yahoo has reset something somewhere when voice just won't work in the room.

Beans

i try to leave and rejoin ive tried restarting gyachi in general still to no avail i really like gyachi the only way ive been able to get voice though is to load yahelite through wine with a different account as the interface sucks!!! really a pain in the *** too... oh well maybe i will be stuck doing it this way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Problem im trying to sign in on my reg id its saying wrong name or password but i use exactly same name and password on another client and its working fine ? lets me sign into mail and chat through browser so i know name and password is fine. Anyone got any idea's?

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast