Thread: Mouse problems

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Mouse problems

Hi guys,

got a little issue, not sure if its the mouse itself or the OS. I am using a MS wireless mouse, has been working fine up to the last few days. I have used it with my laptop running vista, and installing Ubuntu over the weekend, and now I am back on the desktop, it seems to be jumpy, and doesn't want to take focus on any links or menu items, I have to jiggle it, or sort of run the cursor in fast to the item I want.

I have changed batteries without success, and tried the mouse utility which seems ok. Any ideas?

(example I spelt batteries above wrongly and every time I tried to get the cursor to settle over it, so I could use the spell checker, it jumps away from the highlighted word, took me four goes to get it)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Mouse problems

Hmm... I don't know what is going on. I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 6000 with absolutely no problems and I haven't made any changes at all to the setup.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Smile Re: Mouse problems

Have you tried un plugging it and putting it back in? Any changes?
    Very interesting bug.
    Like my avatar? Help us make more and your own! http://launchpad.net/memaker
    Book of Mormon-MP3 or BOOK
    "Microsoft is open-source friendly in the same way that a butcher is friendly to a cow." -- This Guy

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Mouse problems

hmm, now this is both a good thing and an annoying one. The mouse has returned to its smooth operation. So maybe it was just a temporary glitch. would have been nice to know what the cause was though, so I don't have to ask again. Oh well cest la vie!

Anyone know if "Solved" is coming back anytime soon on the thread tools menu?
    Last edited by tropdoug; May 1st, 2008 at 04:35 AM. Reason: cannot find 'solved' in thread tools