Thread: Hi Everyone. AP2 & WINE. Working for you?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Red face Alien Vs Predator 2 & WINE. Working for you?

Hey Ubuntu People!

Has anyone installed and Tested Alien Vs Predator 2 (Fox PC Game circa 2001) on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 and experienced weird in-game issues? It installed painlessly, without a glitch. But when in-game, your character can't turn right, and the fire/action button mapped to the mouse left/right will not work (I clicked repeatedly for about 30 seconds, and it fired once (I think). The WASD keys work great. From my experience, I think most of the keyboard keys worked correctly (there may have been a couple with issues, like when you change weapons with keys 1-8 - Those weren't working - tested on Predator single player mission). It seems WINE doesn't like my mouse.(Generic Black Optical - PS2).

Not being able to turn right with your mouse is a critical error, not to mention not being able to fire while playing a FPS. lol.

Please let me know any thoughts, suggestions, or comments you may have regarding this issue - it's annoying me.

Thank You in advance for any help you can offer!
    Last edited by wadelewis4; April 30th, 2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Wrong Info & Typos

Beans

Re: Hi Everyone. AP2 & WINE. Working for you?

It seems that AVP2 and Wine haven't gotten along well for a while. The mouse tends to escape from the Window or something. If you increase mouse smoothness all the way up it's almost playable.