Thread: Anyone running Windows 2000 in Virtualbox with Service Pack 4?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Anyone running Windows 2000 in Virtualbox with Service Pack 4?

Hello, I'm currently running Windows 2000 in Virtualbox with Service Pack 3 and I'm crazy happy with the results. I'm posting this from W2K with Firefox. Super snappy, no errors, no crashes, I mean it's freaky how well this is running.

Someone told me there is actually a Service Pack 4 for Windows 2000 and I have some real doubts about pushing my luck much further with this.

Just curious if anyone is running Windows 2000 in Virtualbox with the Service Pack 4? Any problems? Thanks for the info.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Anyone running Windows 2000 in Virtualbox with Service Pack 4?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyPappy View Post
    Hello, I'm currently running Windows 2000 in Virtualbox with Service Pack 3 and I'm crazy happy with the results. I'm posting this from W2K with Firefox. Super snappy, no errors, no crashes, I mean it's freaky how well this is running.

Someone told me there is actually a Service Pack 4 for Windows 2000 and I have some real doubts about pushing my luck much further with this.

Just curious if anyone is running Windows 2000 in Virtualbox with the Service Pack 4? Any problems? Thanks for the info.
    I run this to test some stuff in Vbox, or i did before KVM came along. It ran flawlessly with SP4 in my experience. I used www.nliteos.com to slipstream SP4 into the original ISO image.
    Mine ---Dell Latitude D820 - 8.10 - Core2Duo T7400, 3GB
    G/f's --- Dell Studio 15 - 8.10 - Core2Duo T8400, 4GB, intel GMA Xeleventybillion.

Beans
    Distro

Cool man, thanks for the info. I was just taking a shot to see if anyone had experience with this and I'm surprised someone did!

Love this place...

Beans
    Distro

Thanks again for posting your response dude. Just finished downloading and installing W2K SP 4. Works great!

Can't tell if there are any improvements from SP 3 but I'm just happy the thing booted up again! I'm posting in it right now.

Well, better get back to work.