Thread: No sound after virtual box install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No sound after virtual box install

I installed the virtual box program from the repo last night and my sound card will not work now. In my sound settings it says my sound card is not detected. It worked fine before the virtual box install. I uninstalled virtual box and did a reboot however the sound will still not activate. I am using a clean install of 8.04. My sound card is a creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs. I am to the point of having to do another clean install of 8.04 and reinstall all my downloaded programs from the repo again... something I do not want to do if I can prevent. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am working today so it will probably be tomorrow before I can test any help advice received. * I have only been using ubuntu for 4 months so I am not technically advanced with all the sudo commands and stuff at this point so I will need a little detail on any commands you guys need me to run *

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: No sound after virtual box install

Fixed with a re-install of 8.04

Beans

Talking Re: No sound after virtual box install

i followed the guide and it worked!!

http://linux.dsplabs.com.au/no-volum...1/#comment-566

one thing that maybe handy: when reinstalling the linux-ubuntu-modules-<...> (if needed), rename the <...> with ur ubuntu version (from uname -a).

-naldi