Thread: cannot connect to (or view) wireless networks after Hardy upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

cannot connect to (or view) wireless networks after Hardy upgrade

I have upgraded from 7.10 Gutsy to 8.04 Hardy and now I can no longer view or connect to my wireless network. I had the same problem in Gutsy, but a quick look at the Restricted Drivers Manager allowed me to download the appropriate driver.

This time, I cannot find the appropriate driver under the Restricted Drivers Manager. I am on a Compaq Presario 2100, I will try to find out what wireless card it has (I know it's a broadcomm) when I get a chance.

Thanks in advance,
    ~GSZX1337

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: cannot connect to (or view) wireless networks after Hardy upgrade

Bumpy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

OK. I see several mentions throughout this forum to "restricted drivers manager". How do I access it? I couldn't find it in any of the menus? Please don't say through the internet, because until I solve my wireless issues, I am not going to the Net, unless it is on my XP machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Another piece to the puzzle...

I just discovered that my PC can see wired networks, but cannot connect to them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

bumpy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Have an Acer Aspire 3004LCi laptop with Xubuntu. There is a wireless card that came with it that had no problem picking up wireless signals with XP, and for a time with Gutsy had no problem finding signals. Eventually it no longer could find any signals. After Hardy upgrade and enabling the latest broadcom driver for it still no luck. when entering "iwlist scan" into the terminal it shows no results found....

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by lrbradford View Post
    OK. I see several mentions throughout this forum to "restricted drivers manager". How do I access it? I couldn't find it in any of the menus? Please don't say through the internet..
    Don't know how to respond, but "saying it through the internet" is the only thing I can do. In Hardy 8.04, just pull down System / Administration / Hardware Drivers. This is the same as what was previously known as "restricted drivers".