Thread: S-Video input tweaking?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

S-Video input tweaking?

Hey I'm really new to the TV tuner rig in Linux. I had a little difficulty getting my S-Video input to show up in Myth TV. I am using the same video source as the tuner input and that seemed to work. Now it has a slight flicker which I can't seem to get rid of. Is there any utility to tweak the input signal?

Beans
    Distro

Re: S-Video input tweaking?

Or best refresh rate? Best video settings? There is also a noticeable lag between the sources.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Have you tried replacing the cable? Do you have a good picture when directly connected to the tv?
    Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.

Beans
    Distro

There is just an annoying flicker in MythTV from the S-Video input channel. As well as just poor picture quality. However when I open the S-Video channel in the VLC player it is near perfect. If it is really difficult to tweak I would just need a program that records the S-Video input. If VLC would do that my problem would be solved, but as far as I know VLC only records streaming video.

MythTV seems to do fine for watching and recording the TV signal just not S-Video.

Thanks for the response.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Please provide details on your setup. What tuner, how is it connected, cable, satellite, etc.

Beans
    Distro

A WinTV-PVR 150 MCE with two inputs. Tuner input connected to cable service. S-Video input connected to another computer's TV-output running through a Yamaha surround reciever which also has a VCR hooked up to it. Video card on the Mythbuntu box is a Nvidia GeForce 5200. Video card on the incoming signal comp is an ATI Radeon X1600.

I have tried adjusting the flicker level on the ATI card with minimal results in MythTV. The picture on the VLC player is flawless.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

What version of Mythbuntu and Mythtv are you running? Check your logs during the capture on s-vid. Logs are in /var/log/mythtv/frontend.log and /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log.

Beans
    Distro

Mythbuntu 8.04
    MythTV 0.21

I'm thinking about just ditching Myth and finding a program to record video capture alone.