Thread: new vst (lv2?), for isolating instruments from mp3s

Beans

new vst (lv2?), for isolating instruments from mp3s

just getting my ubuntustudio iso now. i think ardour or something is the audio editor. is there something out there (free?) to isolate instruments? and how about vocals. i tried voice trap, but didnt like results enuf. are this windows/wine things, or is code platform irrelevant? like, can i use directx vst. are there linux plugins if so?

Beans

Re: new vst (lv2?), for isolating instruments from mp3s

bump and...

giving xubuntu test run right now. package manager showed a few things for ubuntustudio search (desktop not one of them tho). but these LADSPA and DSSI plugins, they replace my vst and directx? sry, waiting for reply on how to install programs so cant test nothing myself.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Eplanet View Post
    these LADSPA and DSSI plugins, they replace my vst and directx? sry, waiting for reply on how to install programs so cant test nothing myself.
    Yes, they are audio plugins much like VST. There is a thread kicking around here by Stochastic on how to use VST plugins in linux.

To install programs simply check them off in the Synaptic package manager and hit Apply.
    Want to learn about Recording in Linux?
    Need audio hardware you know will work with Linux? http://www.linuxstudiopro.com

checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no

Beans

just getting my ubuntustudio iso now. i think ardour or something is the audio editor.
    Ardour RULES!

is there something out there (free?) to isolate instruments? and how about vocals.
    A parametric or multi-band equalizer is what you need for that, but there is no way you will ever completely isolate one instrument in a recording from the rest of the band. We hear different instruments, but our ears, as well as signal processors, are only reacting to one sound wave.
    Want to learn about Recording in Linux?
    Need audio hardware you know will work with Linux? http://www.linuxstudiopro.com

checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no