Well I've tried to install Hardy in a few ways. At first I tried the rc-dvd-i386 version with KDE3 and at the 6% of this step I got this error with no more specific information:

Select and install software
Installation step failed

An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The failing step is: Select and istall software

I've also tried the Hardy cd alterbative-i386 (also KDE3) but with a problem in the "Installing the base system" step.

At last I've tried the Hardy cd alternative-i386 but with KDE4 and everything worked out perfect!

I downloaded twice the cds or dvds and burned it in seperate modes just in case and disks checks worked always with any of the cds/dvds downloaded. The only cd which I was able to install Gutsy at past was the cd-alternative-i386.

I really want the KDE3 and I would like to install it now side by side with the KDE4 which is already installed. What are the basic steps I have to do to get KDE3 installed from the KDE4 interface or from a console?