Thread: Play Games using Wine from a seperate partition...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Play Games using Wine from a seperate partition...

Hey Guys,

I use Ubuntu quite a bit, but due to college, I've had to run windows for the last few months. I want to install Ubuntu 8.04 on my Laptop on to a 30GB Partition, and I also want it to play games, the main ones being steam games and Guild Wars, and I find these games to perform alot better under Ubuntu.

I already have these games installed on a partiton seperate to Vista. Would it be possible to use WINE to play these games from that partition, as my steam folder wouldn't even fit on the 30GB partition.

Any help would be appreciated

Serenity

Beans

Re: Play Games using Wine from a seperate partition...

Maybe you should get a bigger HDD, save the files and load up the new ubuntu.

Beans

i have hardy and i can run most games off my winxp partition, i can run quake 4, WoW, warcraft 3 (only ones i have installed) one that i couldnt run was UT3 (but you can run a dedicated server for it off xp partition but theres no need for this)

Beans

Yes, you could run them, just add the vista's registry entry of the game to your wine one.

If you don't know, in cmd, type regedit. Find the entry, right click and export, save it somewhere. After in Linux, just in the terminal run regedit again, and you shoud be able to import that file.