Thread: Firefox fonts are tall

Beans

Firefox fonts are tall

My fonts for Ubuntuforums here look somewhat odd.

Example: http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1442/fontsko5.png
    Santiance (Blog) - GTalk: nullmind@gmail.com - AIM: nullsmind

Beans

Re: Firefox fonts are tall

I have the exact same issue, although it's not just limited to this site. I'm not quite sure what the cause is, though it seems like changing the fonts under preferences in Firefox has no effect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

One thing you could try would be to go to Edit->Preferences->Content and then clicking the Advanced button. Unchecking "Let web pages specify their own fonts" and changing Proportional from Serif to Sans Serif makes a noticeable difference for me.

Beans

I'm having the same problem. Since upgrading to Hardy everything just looks out of place, font looking blury and ugly. Fonts in Firefox and Thunderbird being to large and nothing i seem to do changes it, even the icons on my desktop don't look right and seem to be bigger than they were.

Hardy doesn't even allow me to set the screen resolution passed 1152x864 which i think is causing some of the problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I saw the screenshot, and im a little confused. What do you all mean by "tall" Like Large?
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans

I fixed it! I opened the Appearance preferences (Right click desktop->Change Background, this needs to be called Appearance in this menu!) Above is a comparison of how they look. I think my LCD font settings got foobared, because I went in there and selected a different hinting type, and then reselected my original hinting type. It may also have changed the RGB order (BGR, RGB, GBR, etc.)

Cheers,
    Kris
    Santiance (Blog) - GTalk: nullmind@gmail.com - AIM: nullsmind