Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Warcraft - Ubuntu 8.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: World of Warcraft - Ubuntu 8.04

I have the same problem as the above poster atm, but with the difference that it has worked for me under Ubuntu 8.04.

The only thing I have changed is that I removed "nvidia-glx" from synaptic and replaced it with "nvidia-glx-new". Since I did that, I get a "memory violation" error.

I'm going to reroll them now... I'll keep you posted.

Update: I rerolled to the previous drivers, and everything works fine now (even with desktop effects enabled it seems)

d
    Last edited by Demoncrat; May 3rd, 2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: update info

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by flodis View Post
    I solved this issue for me. I just went to:
    System > Preferences > Appearance > Visual effects
    and I set it to None

I now get same as I did in Opensuse. I haven't explored the whole world yet, but I think it's ok.

Ooo realy i may give this a try then in a week or so ( got a prolog/ai and sum stupid opperating systems in java exam ) i have been considering builing the sorce of wine on a 64 bit 8.04 install as i know others who have tested the 64 bit verson of 8.04 and have reported firefox3 and flash working correctly ( 64bit verson of firefox3 as well).
    Registered Linux User 480533

PC AMD 9950 Black @ 3.0 Ghz Ubuntu 9.10x64 openbox / Win 7 Retail
    Laptop 2006 Mac Book 2.2 ghtz OSX 10.5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Luke try this.
    reboot your computer and on System select choose Memtest
    in geral there errors ocuors when your phiscal memory contais a error

Beans

Hello, fellows! I'm running Wow on Ubuntu 64 8.04, with Wine. My problem here is that the game run "fine" but when I try to connect to any server, the game stop on the message "Connected". Could someone give me any light on this problem? I appreciate the atetion.

Oh, I almost forgot to post my system. It's a pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 1gb RAM, graphic card Geforce 7300SE with 512 mb. I had the last Wine (1.0) too.
    Last edited by PinguimMaluco; June 23rd, 2008 at 05:53 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by flodis View Post
    I solved this issue for me. I just went to:
    System > Preferences > Appearance > Visual effects
    and I set it to None

I now get same as I did in Opensuse. I haven't explored the whole world yet, but I think it's ok.
    Thank you for posting your solution to this! I'm using Hardy and I've been jumping through a few hoops in order to get WoW working, but it's worth it if I don't have to use vista.

Beans

I've got WOW working with the exception of the framerate. It's running at 2 FPS. Now granted I'm in Shat, but I can run through there fine on the same machine in Windows.

Laptop info:
    Intel Core2 Duo
    2Gb RAM
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Any help would be appreciated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    I've got WOW working with the exception of the framerate. It's running at 2 FPS. Now granted I'm in Shat, but I can run through there fine on the same machine in Windows.

Laptop info:
    Intel Core2 Duo
    2Gb RAM
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Any help would be appreciated.
    Integrated Intel 945 graphics are a known fail in terms of WoW and wine. It's just not powerful enough to power the game on. Your best bet is to try with the opengl recommendation off (go with Directx by default), but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope as I couldn't get it to work on my macbook's integrated video and it works fine in OSX and Windows on the same machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12