Thread: PVR-500 and video and remote issues

Beans

PVR-500 and video and remote issues

Hello all,

I got everything installed and it seems that it should be running. The video card is detected and I was able to download all of the catalog stuff. However, I can not get live video nor can I record anything. I don't think I can record anything even though it looks like it is recording, nothing plays back and I get a blue exclamation point with only an OK to press. No error messages.

I know there is a signal at the cable end as it comes from the wall. I can plug it into a tv and I get channels. I have it set up for cable tv. When I try to watch tv, it goes to a black screen, stays there for a long time (3-5 minutes) and then bounces back to the main screen.

Also, I never tried to get the MCE remote device working because I didn't want to add complexity.

Beans

Re: PVR-500 and video and remote issues

If you use M at the keyboard when you try to watch tv you get a menu. One of these says "switch input" Use that and try to switch to another input since you should have two with pvr500.

Beans

Interesting, no menu.. I do press "m" and I tried "M" and still only get a black screen.

Beans

Also, the pvr-500 card is brand new out of the box so I have high confidence in the card.
    I get warning error messages when I turn off the computer for a reboot. I assumed that these are normal. They flash by so quick that I can not read them all. If someone tells me where the they are logged to I would be happy to post them.
    So far, I have installed Mythbuntu 6 times now, hoping each time that it was something that I chose in the install. If it is, I did it 6 times

Tom

Beans

Here is an update. I managed to rip cds and play them back.

I can not figure out why there isn't a tv signal. The only thing I can think of is that there is some setup that I am missing. Anyone?

TIA
    Tom

Beans

One problem "SOLVED" YEAH!!!! I am really dancing a jig now. I got video now. YEAH!

Okay, I read in another forum that with the Hauppauge PVR-500 needs to be set to MPEG-2 As soon as I did that it worked.

Now, a onto a few more problems. That I'll post in another post.

Thanks all.

Tom