Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wireless not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Wireless not working

Ok I did that, BUT, i used the program that the user above me suggested and now I don't have the default wireless/network manager.

How do I get it back?

Sorry about that.
    Sony VAIO VGN AR520E With 4GB of RAM 200gb and 250gb Hard drives. Running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and Windows 7 Ultimate.
    Ubuntu User 21931

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

no worries rip. It should work as well, it just replaces the NM that comes default with Ubuntu. I just read about it tonight/this morning myself in my searches trying to help you out.

The only other thing I could do for you tonight is hand off the Google search I pulled up (the best one at least)... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...tu&btnG=Search

I did another with your system model, but it only pulled up this thread... lol!

I've gotta sign off, it's late, I'm not a spring chicken anymore, plus I've done all I know to do. Will sleep on it though and check back after my domestic duties are done tomorrow.

Thanks again to Sunflower1970 for giving more advanced help.

Good luck riptreeper... It's gonna be something amazingly simply probably.
    ... in myself i am nothing exactly no thing i am only a mirror in which others see aspects of themselves and attribute the resulting concepts to me but i am also an other to my self

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Absolutely thanks so much for all you have done I really appreciate all your help.
    Sony VAIO VGN AR520E With 4GB of RAM 200gb and 250gb Hard drives. Running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and Windows 7 Ultimate.
    Ubuntu User 21931

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Sunflower, how would I get back the default wireless manager?
    Ubuntu User 21931

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I am hitting the hay for tonight

If anyone happens upon this and can help me get back the default network manager that runs from the top panel that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Ubuntu User 21931

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

riptreeper To get back Network Manager, you'll need to connect to your wired connection, then open up Synaptic and do a search for Network Manager, and reinstall it, or open up your terminal and type in "sudo apt-get install network-manager"

HTH.
    · Compaq Presario 5630 PII, 400 Mhz, 384 MB RAM: Arch with XFCE 4.6, Antix, Debian w/LDXE
    · Dell Dimension 8200, P4 2.2Ghz, 1.5 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7 (vrtualbox)
    · Thinkpad R40, P4 M 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ok sweet thanks. I got it working.

I had to turn off security for my router leaving open my network which is a bad idea but I don't have any other options for right now.

I have a linksys router. Could that be the reason for the difficulties?
    Ubuntu User 21931

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by riptreeper View Post
    Anyone else having this issue
    I actually have this problem on my m1330 with the same driver. I have not been able to fix it. I can connect to unsecured networks but secured networks just don't seem to work. I have been searching all over and trying different things but nothing seems to work. I will keep trying. So I will probably stick around this thread to see if we can get this solved.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234