Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Help setting up KPlaylist

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    US
    Beans
    2,782
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Arrow Help setting up KPlaylist

    Long post:

    I have installed kplaylist on a server running ubuntu 8.04 with apache, php and mysql. I am having problems getting files into the database. I have tried both uploading and updating the database. When I attempt to upload it says: "File could not be uploaded". When I attempt to upload it just hangs at: "Hold on - fetching file list..".
    I have tried following this post: http://www.kplaylist.net/forum/viewt...ghlight=upload but it did not work. I did everything that it suggested and then restarted my apache server. I have also checked to make sure the directory where the music files will be stored, /media/disk/kplaylist/, is accessible to the web server. Currently the permissions are 777.

    Later I went into setting->file handling. I used the "find" button next to base directory. It found several directories which are part of my operating system which contain music files. I then ran the update function and it found 35 files. It added these files fine. Now the question I have is why can't it do this with my normal files. I thought it might have to do with the fact that /media/disk/kplaylist is on a different physical disk. So I made /kplaylist in my main partition and changed the permissions to 777.

    This had no effect on whether kplaylist was able to find them when i used the"find" button. If I add /kplaylist/ to the base directory field and run an update it still just finds the 35 files from before.

    I noticed that the files imported are mainly .ogg. The files which I attempted to upload were all mp3 so i attempted uploading an ogg file of my own. The upload "suceeded" but when I go look for the file in my kplaylist I see no mention of it.

    I also checked some things that were suggested by kplaylist: 1) $streamtypes_default = array 2) $cfg['detecttypes'] = array('.mp3' => 1, '.mp2' => 1, '.ogg' => 1, '.wma' => 1);
    Both of these seem configured correctly to me from what I learned from their forums.

    Im guessing that these problems are related but I am not positive. Any Ideas?

    Note: I posted this initially in the kplaylist forums and found the community there to be nice but not as helpful as the ubuntu community. I was hoping that there might be some people who could enlighten me here. I attached my index.php file. I had to compress it in order for the forum to allow me to attach.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Desktop: Q6600 OC: 343 x 9, 4 GB RAM, 8600 GTS Twinview (22",17"), 1.5 TB RAID 5
    Laptop: Lenovo T61 T7300 @ 2 GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 140M Quadro, 160 GB harddrive
    Remember to mark posts as [SOLVED] when your problem is resolved

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •