Thread: Login screen was resized after upgrade?

Beans

Login screen was resized after upgrade?

Login screen was resized after upgrade? Now I can't see all of it. How do I manually adjust resolution of the login screen?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Login screen was resized after upgrade?

I've got this problem too after upgrading from gutsy. Once I log in the gnome desktop resolution is OK, and if we switch users, the second login is also offscreen, but bopping back and forth brings up normal unlock dialogs. So I'm guessing the problem is somewhere in gdm, but I haven't investigated it yet. Alpha 6 didn't do this. It doesn't happen on my laptop (ati video); it does happen on an aging desktop ("nv" driver).

Beans

Same problem here after upgrading from gutsy. I also have an Nvidia graphics card. Tried it with and without the NV driver with the same result. It appears to me that the login screen is exactly 4 times larger than it should be, so I'm only seeing about 25% of it (i.e. it twice as wide and twice as high as it should be). I end up seeing the upper left quarter of it.

~Gary

Beans

Same here. Upgrade from Gutsy, Nvidia card.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have an Nvidia card and had problems too. I had to edit the xorg.conf file to adjust the login screen resolution after backing up the file, of course.

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Change the resolution in the Display subsection.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

heh. I just did a similar thing to fix it:

Code:
    Modes      "1152x864@75" "1024x768" "800x600"
    Now my login screen and desktop are they way I want them, 1152x864 at 75 Hz

Beans

Searched around here, and this is what I had to do to get it working the way I wanted. I had to change the "virtual" setting from 2048 x 1536 to 1280 x 1024, as noted above by bsell. I also had to change the "modes" listing so that the 1280 x 1024 setting was the first in the list. This got it so that everything was 1280 x 1024 for me.

I know in gutsy all I did was select my screen resolution in preferences and click a box that said something like "apply to all" or something. I couldn't find that option in hardy and this was the only thing that would get it displaying correctly for me.

~Gary

Beans

bsell, you are the man today... and all day tomorrow too.